Tent encampment fire sends person to hospital

HANNA PETERSEN Citizen staff

2022-11-24T08:00:00.0000000Z

2022-11-24T08:00:00.0000000Z

Glacier Media

https://princegeorgecitizen.pressreader.com/article/281633899244510

NEWS

Prince George Fire Rescue responded to a fire at the encampment on First Avenue and George Street Saturday evening. At about 5:27 p.m. crews got the report of a fire at the encampment where many unsheltered people have been staying near the Regional District of Fraser Fort George building. Upon arrival, crews found three tentlike structures in flames and the blaze was extinguished with no other damage reported. A news release from the City of Prince George states that one person from the tent where the fire originated was taken to hospital as a precaution.

en-ca